New Rental Certificate of Occupancy
New Rental CO Required for all Toms River Twp. Landlords
Starting March 1, 2018. All Landlords must attain and pay for a new rental Inspection and CO. There are new rules that must be followed to attain and retain a rental CO in Toms River Township.
Important Points: (Follow links for full description)
- Inspection fee is $150. ($50 for re-inspection)
- Inspection is valid for 1 year. Unless a change in Ownership, then must be re-inspected.
- Change in occupancy for seasonal rentals does not require new inspection.
- No heat source required for rentals between May 15 – Sept 15. If rented outside this time period (without heat) can result in rescinding of certificate.
- Rental Registration # must be published with all Advertising.
- Owner must be preset at inspection.
- Each occupant must have 70 SQFT of floor area and each addtl. occupant 50 additional SQFT of floor area. That is a minimum 10 x 12 Room for 2 occupants. (Owners may request lower limits)
- Please read full ordinance below.
Submit Your New Rental Registration # to Schlosser