The Online Beach Badge Office
Lavallette Beach Badges
Beach Badges must be worn at all times and be visible on the front of bathing suit. This includes Ocean and Bay Beaches. Seasonal and weekly badges can be purchased at the Beach Badge Office.
Daily badges can be purchased from the badge checkers. The badge fees for the Summer Season are as follows:
- No fee for children under the age of twelve (12) years.
- $50.00 per person, per season. Season badges available throughout the season. Badges purchased by June 17, 2018 are $40.00 during pre-season sale. Mail in orders must be received by June 15, 2018.
- $30.00 per person per week or fraction thereof. A “week” is defined as the period from Saturday through the following Saturday.
- $10.00 per person for each daily badge.
- $15.00 per person for the entire bathing season for any person whom is 65 years of age or over, any totally disabled person, and for all disabled veterans of any military service and all military service personnel on active duty status.
A fee of 3% will be added to the price of each badge or sticker purchased when the purchase is made through the use of a credit/debit card.
Lavallette Municipal Building
1306 Grand Central Avenue
Lavallette, NJ 08735
Beach Badge Office Hours
Monday – Saturday – 9:00am to 4:00pm
Sunday – 9:00am to 3:00pm
On street parking is available on the side streets and the ocean blocks. The Borough of Lavallette has residential parking permits for certain areas, they will be marked by sign and you may park with permit only.
Along the highway there is two hour parking spots.
There are Handicap Accessible spots available throughout town and on the oceanfront streets, most are located on Trenton, New York, Philadelphia, & President Avenues.
A separate sticker is required for any motor drawn vehicle or trailer parked in any of the Municipal parking lots on the bay front and allows use of the municipal boat ramp. Trailer Permits are $50.00 and are to be permanently displayed. Trailer Permits are required from Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day Weekend, and are available at the Beach Badge Office.
Bikes on the Boardwalk:
During the summer season, bicycles are allowed on the boardwalk only during the hours of 5am to 10am. Off season there is no restriction.
Information is from lavallette/.org
Ortley Beach Badges
Beach badges for Ortley Beach and Shelter Cove.
Seasonal beach badges are $35 and $15 for seniors (must show proof of age).
Badges can be purchased at
Recreation Administration Office
1810 Warren Point Road,Toms River
or the Toms River Senior Center
652 Garfield Avenue, Toms River
Beach Badge Office Hours
Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The governing body has unanimously passed an ordinance that waives beach fees for all active U.S. military, military reservists and military retirees, their spouses or civil union partners and dependent children. You must present a valid military identification card to receive your beach badge.
Badges will also be sold on Memorial Day Weekend at the Ortley Beach Fourth Avenue Lifeguard Headquarters.
Information is from tomsrivertownship/.com
Seaside Park Beach Badges
Seasonal Badge: $60
Senior Badge $20 (65 years and older ID required)
Weekly Badge: $35
Daily Badge: $10
Purchase your badges online Click Here
Borough of Seaside Park | Beach Control
1701 North Ocean Ave,
Seaside Park, NJ 08752
For assistance with your order please call 732-793-3700 (Mon-Fri 8 AM – 4 PM EST)
Order policy: All sales are final. Refunds/exchanges are not offered. All orders must be picked up in person at the ‘N’ Street Bathhouse during the 2018 beach season.
Seaside Heights Beach Badges
Seaside Heights charges a beach fee to help defray expenses related to providing visitors one of the cleanest and safest public beaches on the East Coast.
- Daily fee – $8
- Weekly badge – $35 (Sunday through Saturday)
- Season badge – $45 if purchased on or before May 15th
- Season badge – $60 if purchased after May 15th
- Senior Citizen season badge – $10 for persons 65 years of age and older
- Children 11 years of age and under – free every day
- Active and retired military personnel and their dependents – free every day with the appropriate Common Access Card, Uniformed Services ID Card, DD Form 214, or Veterans Benefit ID Card issued by the VA.
Free & Discount Days
Bay beach – free every day.
Seaside Heights offers beach fee discounts throughout the summer, including Mom and Me Days, Dad and Me Days, Bring a Friend Days, and Bring a Hero Days.
Seasonal Badges may be purchased at:
Borough Hall, 901 Boulevard at the Corner of Sherman Avenue – Mon. thru Fri.- 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. from January 1st to Labor Day.
Seasonal Beach Badges are also available at the Beach Control Headquarters in the Lifeguard headquarters building at Kearney Avenue.
Beach access for the disabled
Free Surf Chair use for those needing wheelchair beach access is available. Call (732) 793-4646 for a reservation.
Ocean Beach Shores Beach Badges
1 to 3 Bedrooms: $90 per week for 8 badges
4 Bedrooms: $120 per week for 12 badges
5 or more Bedrooms: $150 per week for 15 badges
NOTE: Additional Badges can be purchased.
For Beach badges, Contact Joseph Klenner
Countdown to Labor Day 2018
Countdown to Memorial Day 2019
Countdown to 4th of July 2019